The Cannes Lions advertising festival has long been a celebration of creativity, but the very definition of ‘creativity’ in marketing is shifting.
Tensions exist between the traditional ad agencies and the tech and data companies populating the yachts and beach clubs off the Croisette.
M&M Global spoke to clients, agencies, media owners and technology experts attending this year’s Cannes Lions to find out how they believe creativity is changing – and who is responsible for driving that new creative approach.
Watch the full video below – featuring contributions from:
– Aline Santos, executive vice-president, global marketing, Unilever
– Jerry Buhlmann, global CEO, Dentsu Aegis Network
– Thomas Crampton, global managing director, Social@Ogilvy
– Martin Ford, author of ‘Rise of the Robots’
– Kevin Kelly, co-founder of Wired and technology expert
– Mark Holden, worldwide head of strategy, PHD Media
– Debbie Weinstein, EMEA director of brand innovation, Google
– Kathleen Hall, corporate vice president, global advertising and media, Microsoft
– Dominique Delport, global managing director, Havas Media Group